Statistical Highlights: India vs Sri Lanka-4th ODI
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the fourth one-dayer between India and Sri Lanka here.
• Upul Tharanga (51 off 73 balls) recorded his fifth fifty against India - his 27th in ODIs.
• Lahiru Thirimanne (47 off 69 balls) registered his highest score in Sri Lanka in the ODIs.
• Suresh Raina and Virat Kohli were involved in an unbroken match-winning fifth-wicket partnership of 146 = the third highest for India against Sri Lanka in ODIs. Mohammad Azharuddin and Ajay Jadeja had recorded 223 at Colombo RPS on August 17, 1997 - the highest ever for India against Sri Lanka.
• Raina and Kohli batted aggressively in the last few overs to register an overall run-rate of 7.82 (146 off 112 balls) - India`s second highest against Sri Lanka. Raina and Gambhir had registered a run-rate of 8.24 during their fifth wicket partnership of 103 off 75 balls at Colombo on February 5, 2009.
• Manoj Tiwary (4/61) was the most successful bowler in the fourth ODI - his best bowling performance in ODIs.
• Tiwary has become the third Indian spinner to capture four wickets or more against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka in ODIs, joining Harbhajan Singh and Pragyan Ojha.
• Tiwary`s splendid figures of 4 for 61 are the best by an Indian bowler while bowling at number seven against Sri Lanka - the fourth best by an Indian bowler in ODIs.
• In his last two innings, Suresh Raina has batted quite well to remain unbeaten, steering India to splendid victories - 65 not out and 58 not out. He is averaging 68.65 in successful chases in Limited-Overs Internationals, aggregating 1373 runs in 54 matches, including a century and eleven half-centuries.
• Raina`s average is the third highest by an Indian batsman (minimum qualification: 1000 runs), behind Mahendra Singh Dhoni (101.40) and Virat Kohli (76.57)
• Raina has been a consistent batsman recently, posting four fifties in his last six innings.
• Raina`s unbeaten 58 off 51 balls is his 24th half-century in ODIs - his eighth against Sri Lanka.
• Gautam Gambhir has recorded his third duck against Sri Lanka - his eleventh in Limited-Overs Internationals.
• India have won five consecutive bilateral ODI series against Sri Lanka.
• India`s victory by six wickets is their 400th in Limited-Overs Internationals. The first two teams to achieve the distinction were Australia (490) and Pakistan (416).
• India have won 22 games and lost 13 against Sri Lanka (Tied 1 and No Result 2) out of 38 ODIs contested under Dhoni`s captaincy - a record under one captain against Sri Lanka in ODIs.
• Virat Kohli has been adjudged the Man of the Match twelve times in ODIs. His tally includes five received this year.
• In consecutive calendar years in 2011 and 2012, Kohli has aggregated 1,000 runs or more - 1381 (ave. 47.62) in 34 matches in 2011 and 1003 (ave.77.15) in 15 matches in 2012.
• Kohli became the first player to record five hundreds in 2012.
• Kohli`s outstanding unbeaten knock of 128 off 119 balls is his fifth century against Sri Lanka - his 13th in Limited Overs Internationals. Just two Indians - Sachin Tendulkar (8) and Gautam Gambhir (6) have registered more centuries than Kohli for India against Sri Lanka.
• Kohli`s superb feat of reaching 13 hundreds in 89 matches is without parallel in ODIs. In his last eight outings in ODIs, he has posted five hundreds, four against Sri Lanka and one against Pakistan.
• With 273 runs at an average of 91.00 (strike rate of 90.39), Kohli is the leading run-getter in the current series.
• Kohli has become the sixth player to post eight centuries or more in successful chases in ODIs (1991 runs at an average of 76.57 in 34 matches). He has joined Sachin Tendulkar (14), Saeed Anwar (9), Sanath Jayasuriya (9), Ricky Ponting (8) and Adam Gilchrist (8).