India defeat West Indies to seal sixth consecutive ODI series in 2013
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Indian team’s winning streak in ODIs continued as they won their sixth ODI title in a row and thrashed West Indies by 5 wickets in the third and final ODI played at Kanpur on Wednesday.
West Indies batted first and scored 263 runs. In reply, Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan played a magnificent knock and slammed a ton – his fifth in ODIs this year as India convincingly chased down the total in 46.1 overs.
This was India’s sixth consecutive ODI title. After losing the ODI series against Pakistan in December 2012, India played six more ODI series, including the one against Windies and won all of them.
After the ODI series against Pakistan, England toured India for a five-match ODI series which was won by India 3-2. India then won the ICC Champions Trophy which was played in England where they defeated the hosts in the rain-interrupted final match. Following the success at the Champions Trophy, India played a triangular series where Sri Lanka and West Indies were the other two teams. Skipper MS Dhoni played a magnificent knock in the final and single-handedly won the match against Sri Lanka.
After the win in the triangular series, India toured Zimbabwe where Virat Kohli led the side and India comprehensively won the tournament 5-0. After four series win in a row, India defeated Australia in seven-match ODI series. A series which was marred with rain, India emerged victorious 3-2.
The series win against the Windies has been their sixth series win this year. India will now tour South Africa which will kick start from December 5 with the first Test match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui