'Sachin Sachin..' will reverberate in my ears till my last breath, says Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau/ Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: With a lump in his throat Sachin begins his speech. The roaring cheer from the crowd is unbelievable.
#Please settle down, I'll get more emotional!
#It is hard to believe that my life between "22 yards in the last 24 years" has come to an end, he says.
# He began by thanking his father Ramesh Tendulkar. I miss my father, says the maestro. He thanked his mother for taking care of such a naughty child.
#His mother’s prayers have given him strength to play. He also thanked his aunt and uncle with whom he stayed for a while. He thanked his brothers Nitin, Ajit and sister Savita.
#Sachin to Anjali:
The most beautiful thing happened to me when i met my wife Anjali. Those were special years. It will also continue that way. Anjali being a doctor, there was a beautiful career ahead of her. But she let me continue with cricket and took the responsibility of my family. Without her I wouldn’t have been able to play cricket. Thanks for bearing with me and always staying by my side through the ups and downs, This is the best partnership I have had in my life.
#Sachin to kids:
Time has flown by. I wanted to spend so much time with them. I have missed out on many things,. Thanks for your understanding. You are very special to me. I promise you that next 16 years or even more than that I will make up with the time lost.
#Sachin thanked his in-laws for allowing him to marrying Anjali. Sachin also thanked his childhood friends.
#He mentioned his coach Ramakant Achrekar. He recalled how he used to hop on his scooter to reach stadiums to practice. On a lighter note, he added ‘but sir has never said, well played! He can say that now as I no more have any matches left.
#He thanked the MCA President and the team for his association with the Mumbai Cricket. He thanked BCCI for believing in his ability when he was selected in the squad at the age of 16.
#He thanked all the seniors he has played with. He also thanked Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman who were present at the ground. He talked to the present squad and wished them good luck and hoped that they continue to serve the nation and bring laurels to the country.
#He even thanked all the coaches, his doctors and physios. He also remembered his late friend Mark Mascaranus. He also thanked his manager Vinod Naidu.
#He thanked the media, journalists and the photo journalists.
#Sachin to fans:
“Thank you fans for coming in for various parts of the world today. I have met so many of you who have fasted for me and done all sorts of things for me. ‘Sachinnn Sachinn’ will reverberate in my ears till I stop breathing.....Goodbye”.
#Sachin is now waving the Indian flag. He is surrounded by his team mates and family. It cannot get more emotional than this. The fans are crying. There is not a single spectator who doesn’t have tears in his eyes.
#He is now taking the farewell lap.
#MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli have lifted Sachin on their shoulders. Shikhar Dhawan and Murali Vijay are now carrying Sachin. The farewell lap is now complete.
#Sachin goes back to the pitch and touched it as a mark of his final respect. His eyes are moist, so is every Indian’s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead