Sachin Tendulkar’s 200th Test: Sachin moments on Day 1
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: Day one of Sachin Tendulkar’s 200th Test match had its own Sachin moments. From release of a special stamp to a special coin for toss, it seemed everything on-field was for Sachin. Read on.
# A postage stamp was launched to honour Sachin Tendulkar in presence of Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal, MCA president Sharad Pawar, and legendary batsman Sunil Gavaskar.
#MS Dhoni presented Sachin with a special cap that had 200 written on it, to mark his final Test.
# A specially minted Sachin coin was used for the toss today. It was presented to the match refree by BCCI chief N Srinivasan.
#After the customary huddle of the Indian team, today it was Sachin and not Dhoni who led the team to the ground.
#Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s decision to bowl first was booed by the audience; for they did not want to wait to see Sachin play.
#Bollywod actor and self-confessed Sachin fan, Aamir Khan went up to the commentary box and talked about his Sachin moments. He also intends to wear the same ‘lucky shirt’ which he wore during the 2011 World cup semi-final, for five days now.
#The first ball of the day, went to the fielding hands of Sachin Tendulkar at mid-wicket, much to the crowd’s delight.
#Chants of ‘We want Sachin’ are doing rounds at regular intervals at the Wankhede Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown