Tendulkar junior performs as ball boy in dad`s farewell Test
Mumbai: Twenty six years after Sachin Tendulkar performed as a ball boy at the Wankhede Stadium, his son Arjun was today seen on the ground doing the same duty in the legendary batsman`s farewell Test here.
14-year-old Arjun, who was part of Mumbai`s under-14 squad last year, was on the ground when the cricket legend was batting in his landmark 200th Test and also when he was caught at slips by Darren Sammy off Narsingh Deonarine.
Sachin Tendulkar scored 74 off 118 balls, in what could probably be his last innings for India.
Interestingly, Tendulkar had performed the job of a ball boy at the age of 14 during the India versus Zimbabwe match during the 1987 World Cup at the Wankhede Stadium.
Tendulkar`s farewell Test attracted a number of celebrities to the stadium, who wanted to have one last glimpse at the Master Blaster`s batting.
Ace tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi, and Bollywood stars like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D`Souza were present to see the veteran batsman in action.
Even Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was also present at the stadium on the second day of the second Test against West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?