Tendulkar junior performs as ball boy in dad`s farewell Test
Mumbai: Twenty six years after Sachin Tendulkar performed as a ball boy at the Wankhede Stadium, his son Arjun was today seen on the ground doing the same duty in the legendary batsman`s farewell Test here.
14-year-old Arjun, who was part of Mumbai`s under-14 squad last year, was on the ground when the cricket legend was batting in his landmark 200th Test and also when he was caught at slips by Darren Sammy off Narsingh Deonarine.
Sachin Tendulkar scored 74 off 118 balls, in what could probably be his last innings for India.
Interestingly, Tendulkar had performed the job of a ball boy at the age of 14 during the India versus Zimbabwe match during the 1987 World Cup at the Wankhede Stadium.
Tendulkar`s farewell Test attracted a number of celebrities to the stadium, who wanted to have one last glimpse at the Master Blaster`s batting.
Ace tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi, and Bollywood stars like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D`Souza were present to see the veteran batsman in action.
Even Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was also present at the stadium on the second day of the second Test against West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre