Tendulkar junior performs as ball boy in dad`s farewell Test
Mumbai: Twenty six years after Sachin Tendulkar performed as a ball boy at the Wankhede Stadium, his son Arjun was today seen on the ground doing the same duty in the legendary batsman`s farewell Test here.
14-year-old Arjun, who was part of Mumbai`s under-14 squad last year, was on the ground when the cricket legend was batting in his landmark 200th Test and also when he was caught at slips by Darren Sammy off Narsingh Deonarine.
Sachin Tendulkar scored 74 off 118 balls, in what could probably be his last innings for India.
Interestingly, Tendulkar had performed the job of a ball boy at the age of 14 during the India versus Zimbabwe match during the 1987 World Cup at the Wankhede Stadium.
Tendulkar`s farewell Test attracted a number of celebrities to the stadium, who wanted to have one last glimpse at the Master Blaster`s batting.
Ace tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi, and Bollywood stars like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D`Souza were present to see the veteran batsman in action.
Even Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was also present at the stadium on the second day of the second Test against West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren