Tendulkar junior performs as ball boy in dad`s farewell Test
Mumbai: Twenty six years after Sachin Tendulkar performed as a ball boy at the Wankhede Stadium, his son Arjun was today seen on the ground doing the same duty in the legendary batsman`s farewell Test here.
14-year-old Arjun, who was part of Mumbai`s under-14 squad last year, was on the ground when the cricket legend was batting in his landmark 200th Test and also when he was caught at slips by Darren Sammy off Narsingh Deonarine.
Sachin Tendulkar scored 74 off 118 balls, in what could probably be his last innings for India.
Interestingly, Tendulkar had performed the job of a ball boy at the age of 14 during the India versus Zimbabwe match during the 1987 World Cup at the Wankhede Stadium.
Tendulkar`s farewell Test attracted a number of celebrities to the stadium, who wanted to have one last glimpse at the Master Blaster`s batting.
Ace tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi, and Bollywood stars like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D`Souza were present to see the veteran batsman in action.
Even Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was also present at the stadium on the second day of the second Test against West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step