Indian eves lose by 221 runs against Australia in Mumbai ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Indian women cricket team on Wednesday suffered a huge loss against a visiting Australian side at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium in the second ODI of the three-match series. They lost by a record margin of 221 runs.
Sent into bat, Australians post a mammoth total of 300 runs for the loss of 7 wickets in their quota of 50 overs. Meg Lanning smashed a 104-ball 128 for the Australians. In reply, Indians were bundled out for 79 in 27.1 overs. Mithali Raj was the top scorer for India with 30 runs.
The third wicket duo of Lanning and Blackwell added 180 runs in just over 30 overs to take the game away from the hosts who had reduced the tourists to 47 for 2 at one stage.
The run chase by the Indian eves was pathetic as only two players -- opener Sulakshana Naik (17) and seasoned Mithali Raj (30 in 56 balls with a six and 5 fours) – could reach double figures.
Australia now lead the series 2-0.
The inconsequential third and final ODI is to be held at the same venue on March 16.
Brief score: Australia Women 300/7 (Lanning 128, Blackwell 81, Dhar 55/2) beat India Women 79 (Mithali Raj 30, Perry 19/5, Haynes 10/3) by 221 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details