Indian eves lose by 221 runs against Australia in Mumbai ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Indian women cricket team on Wednesday suffered a huge loss against a visiting Australian side at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium in the second ODI of the three-match series. They lost by a record margin of 221 runs.
Sent into bat, Australians post a mammoth total of 300 runs for the loss of 7 wickets in their quota of 50 overs. Meg Lanning smashed a 104-ball 128 for the Australians. In reply, Indians were bundled out for 79 in 27.1 overs. Mithali Raj was the top scorer for India with 30 runs.
The third wicket duo of Lanning and Blackwell added 180 runs in just over 30 overs to take the game away from the hosts who had reduced the tourists to 47 for 2 at one stage.
The run chase by the Indian eves was pathetic as only two players -- opener Sulakshana Naik (17) and seasoned Mithali Raj (30 in 56 balls with a six and 5 fours) – could reach double figures.
Australia now lead the series 2-0.
The inconsequential third and final ODI is to be held at the same venue on March 16.
Brief score: Australia Women 300/7 (Lanning 128, Blackwell 81, Dhar 55/2) beat India Women 79 (Mithali Raj 30, Perry 19/5, Haynes 10/3) by 221 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale