Indian government grants USD 1 million for Afghanistan stadium
New Delhi: The Indian government has given approval to a grant of USD 1 million for the construction of a cricket stadium in Afghanistan`s southern province of Kandahar, according to a report.
The stadium is set to come up in Aino Mina, a northern suburb of Kandahar city, on land donated to the Afghanistan Cricket Board in 2012, a report in `espncricinfo` said.
The funding was granted under the Indian government`s Small Development Project Scheme.
"The construction of this stadium will be a major boost to the development of cricket in the southern region as well as in the whole country," the report quoted Dr Noor Murad, the ACB`s chief executive officer, as saying.
"The addition of this facility will allow greater developments in terms of coaching and performance as well as regular competitions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'