Indian government grants USD 1 million for Afghanistan stadium
New Delhi: The Indian government has given approval to a grant of USD 1 million for the construction of a cricket stadium in Afghanistan`s southern province of Kandahar, according to a report.
The stadium is set to come up in Aino Mina, a northern suburb of Kandahar city, on land donated to the Afghanistan Cricket Board in 2012, a report in `espncricinfo` said.
The funding was granted under the Indian government`s Small Development Project Scheme.
"The construction of this stadium will be a major boost to the development of cricket in the southern region as well as in the whole country," the report quoted Dr Noor Murad, the ACB`s chief executive officer, as saying.
"The addition of this facility will allow greater developments in terms of coaching and performance as well as regular competitions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match