Indian team unchanged for rest of ODI series against Australia
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Despite losing the third match due to poor bowling in the death overs, the Indian selectors on Sunday retained the current squad for the remaining four ODIs against Australia.
BCCI’s official Twitter account confirmed the news on the micro-blogging site.
The Indian team has lost two out of the first three matches of the seven-match series as a result of some poor bowling by the Indian pacers. Australia needed 44 runs to win off the last 18 balls after which pacer Ishant Sharma was clobbered for 30 runs in an over by James Faulkner which turned the tide in the favour of Kangaroos.
MS Dhoni is majorly concerned with the bowling in the death overs and speculations were rife that some players would be sacked for their consistent poor performance.
Team for last 4 ODIs: MSD (C), Dhawan, Rohit, Virat, Yuvraj, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Ishant, Vinay, Mishra, Rayudu, Shami, Unadkat
The fourth ODI is scheduled to be played on Wednesday at JSCA International Cricket Stadium in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation