Injured Gayle and Pollard left out of ODI squad
Wellington: Chris Gayle and Kieron Pollard have not been included in the West Indies squad to play New Zealand in the One Day International (ODI) series later this month.
Gayle was sidelined following a hamstring injury sustained during the tour of India last month and Pollard, who did not travel to the subcontinent, is recovering from a knee injury, reports CMC.
Kirk Edwards, who is part of the West Indies Test team in New Zealand, has replaced Gayle in the 15-man squad announced Thursday.
West Indies selectors have replaced left-arm spinner Veerasammy Permaul with Nikita Miller.
Permaul had played two ODIs on the tour of India and took only one wicket.
The players in the ODI squad not currently taking part in the Test series in New Zealand have assembled in Barbados for a week-long training camp that ends next Sunday.
The camp will include a series of training matches against players drawn from Barbados and the Sagicor WIHPC.
A release from the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) says Lendl Simmons will arrive a couple days late for the camp due to personal reasons.
The joining ODI players are due to arrive in New Zealand Dec 21.
Dwayne Bravo (captain), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Johnson Charles, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Jason Holder, Nikita Miller, Sunil Narine, Kieron Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand