Injured Vettori to miss Canada match
Mumbai: Captain Daniel Vettori will miss New Zealand`s World Cup Group A tie against minnows Canada at the Wankhede Stadium on March 13 because of a knee injury and is hoping to be fit for the last league game against Sri Lanka at the same venue here on March 18.
The bespectacled Kiwi skipper and team`s key left-arm spin bowler hurt his right knee during the team`s previous game against Pakistan on March 8 at Pallekele, Sri Lanka.
"At the moment Dan`s staying with us. I think he is probably going to miss the next game. But he is staying with us for the rest of the tournament which is good for us," Kiwi opener Marin Guptill told reporters here today.
Guptill said the team will take a call on Vettori`s replacement tomorrow.
"Not too sure what they are going to do. We haven`t had a selection meeting yet. The decision will be taken tomorrow," he said.
New Zealand team media manager Ellery Tappin said Vettori had got a strain in a ligament in his right knee.
"It`s not a tear or something significant. He is targetting the Sri Lankan game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened