Pune: Statistical highlights of the IPL match between Delhi Daredevils and Pune Warriors here on Tuesday.
• Delhi Daredevils have registered three victories by eight wickets each in the present competition - one each against Pune, Kolkata and Chennai - the only team to accomplish the feat in the present tournament.
• Delhi Daredevils have become the first team to earn ten points - their net run-rate of +0.857 is the most impressive recorded by any team in the IPL 5.
• The Pune Warriors-Delhi Daredevils match is the third when only four wickets have been lost in a completed IPL game. Kolkata vs Delhi game at Durban on May 5, 2009 and Mumbai vs Kochi at Mumbai on April 15, 2011.
• Virender Sehwag has been named the Man of the Match for playing a match-winning innings - his eighth award in Twenty20.
• Sehwag`s 87 not out is his sixth innings of 75 or more in the IPL. Delhi Daredevils have won all such games.
• Sehwag, with his majestic innings, is the leading run-getter for Delhi Daredevils in the present tournament, totalling 236 at an average of 39.33, including two fifties, in seven matches.
• Pune Warriors` success per cent is 38.09 - 8 wins and 13 losses out of 22 played in the IPL (NR 1).
• Delhi Daredevils have recorded their second win (lost one) out of four played against Pune Warriors in the IPL (NR 1) - winning per cent 66.66.
• Robin Uthappa (60 not out off 58 balls) has made his sixth fifty in the IPL - his second in the IPL 2012.
• Uthappa is the top run-scorer for Pune Warriors in the present edition of the IPL, totalling 251 runs at an average of 35.85 in eight matches.
• Kevin Pietersen and Virender Sehwag have shared a partnership of 89 for the second wicket - Delhi`s highest for any wicket against Pune Warriors in the IPL.
• Delhi Daredevils have won 23 and lost 20 out of 43, under Virender Sehwag`s captaincy - success per cent of 53.48.
• Kevin Pietersen has managed 214 in five innings at an average of 71.33, including a century - the second best tally for Delhi Daredevils in the IPL 5.
• Pietersen has posted 16 sixes - the second highest tally in the IPL 2012, next only to Chris Gayle`s 19.
• Manish Pandey`s brilliant unbeaten 80 off 56 balls is the second highest for Pune Warriors - the highest is 86 by Jesse Ryder against Daredevils at Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi on April 21, 2012.
• Pandey`s above innings is his second highest in the IPL - the highest is 114 not out for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Deccan Chargers at Centurion Park on May 21, 2009.
• Pandey and Uthappa put on 145 (unbroken) for the third wicket - Pune`s first century stand in the IPL.
• The above stand is the second highest for the third wicket in the IPL history, next only to the 152 between Albie Morkel and Murali Vijay for Chennai Super Kings against Rajasthan Royals at Chennai on April 3, 2010.
• The aforesaid partnership is the seventh highest in the IPL history - the highest ever by any pair against Delhi Daredevils.
• Morne Morkel has bagged 16 wickets at 12.25 in seven matches - the highest tally in the IPL 5.
First Published: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 23:47