De Villiers hits `hole-in-one` after slamming six into dustbin
London: South African batsman AB De Villiers had reportedly hit a spectacular `hole-in-one` after slamming a huge six which landed straight in a bin which was lying on the edge of the pitch during Tuesday`s second Indian Premier League (IPL) match.
De Villiers, who plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore, was facing Indian seamer Irfan Pathan, from the Mumbai Indians, in the 10th over when he produced what is undoubtedly the shot of the tournament.
According to the Daily Star, De Villiers slammed Pathan back down the ground for a huge six which landed straight in a bin lying on the edge of the pitch, adding that a member of De Villiers team calmly tipped the bin over and retrieved the ball.
De Villiers is an excellent golfer and plays of a handicap of two, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm