IPL 2014: Proteas batsman Rossouw replaces Maddinson in RCB
Dubai: South African batsman Rilee Rossouw has replaced injured Nic Maddinson in the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad, the IPL technical committee announced today.
Left-handed Australian batsman Maddinson, 22, opened the batting for Bangalore in two games, scoring 4 and 12 respectively but was forced to fly out due to injury.
Roussow, 24, has been a regular in the South Africa A squad since 2010 and has been a heavy scorer in the domestic circuit as well.
The IPL Event Technical Committee had approved the replacement of injured players in this edition after Maddinson, Delhi Daredevils pacer Nathan Coulter-Nile and Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Dwayne Bravo had to opt out of their respective teams.
Chennai may also seek a replacement for Dwayne, who hurt his shoulder while attempting a catch on the boundary in the team`s first match against Kings XI Punjab.
According to the IPL player regulations, the three franchises can choose replacements from among the players who registered for the 2014 auction but were not bought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani