IPL: Pietersen claims having difficulty in coming to India
New Delhi: Star batsman Kevin Pietersen on Monday took to micro-blogging site twitter to express his difficulties regarding procuring visa to come to India for some personal work.
Pietersen wrote on his twitter page to reveal that his passport is lying with the Indian embassy in the UK for the past 10 days for a job that he claimed requires barely 24 hours.
"Trying to travel to India urgently & the Indian Embassy has had my passport for 10days for a 24hr service. Help @MEAIndia, @IndianDiplomacy?," Pietersen tweeted.
Pietersen, who has been retained by Delhi Daredevils, will be available for the entire season of the sixth edition of the cash-rich Indian Premier League. This was made possible after the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had formally announced that Pietersen will no longer be selected to play for England.
The 33-year-old has scored 8181 runs in 104 Tests with 23 hundreds and 4440 runs in 136 ODIs with nine tons to his credit.
KP is likely to come to India by the end of this month as the Daredevils will be officially unveiling their new jersey for the 2014 season. Coach Gary Kirsten is also expected to attend the promotional event.
Daredevils had a horrible last season and KP was unavailable due to a knee surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred