My stint with RCB will help me improve: Kenya`s Mishra
Bangalore: Mumbai-born Kenyan cricketer Tanmay Mishra knows that it will be an arduous task to break into the playing XI of Royal Challengers Bangalore but is hopeful that it will be a great learning experience from him.
"I am very excited when I was picked by RCB. I knew I am going into a team with full of world-class players. It is a good opportunity for me to learn and improve my game and give my hundred per cent and enjoy this moment," he said in an interview to RCB`s official website.
Mishra, who made his ODI debut for Kenya in 2006 against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, recalled his a gritty 72 runs knock against Australia in 2011 World Cup match at Chinnaswamy.
"In 2011, probably one of the best nights I have had in my life when I got an opportunity to play against Australia and I did quite well. Yes, this ground holds for me special memories," he said.
Mishra, in company with Collins Obuya, had shared a 115-run partnership after Kenya suffered early jolts while chasing a 325-run target set by Australia. Kenya lost the match who could score 264 in 50 overs.
"To be very honest even in 2007 when Afro-Asia Cup was introduced, I had captained the T20 squad. That was my first fond memories of Chinnaswamy stadium," he added.
Replying to a query, Mishra said there is no comparison between India and Kenya in terms of standard of cricket and the sheer passion people have towards the sport.
"The culture is different when we play cricket in Kenya. It is laidback and the competition is not as much as when you compare it to the test playing nations. To be fair, you cannot really compare India with Kenya," he said.
Mishra, a right-handed aggressive middle-order batsman, said the Indians take the sport seriously and is intense which has motivated him to improve his cricket.
"The culture over here is that cricket is very passionate. People love their game and it is very intense. So there was urge for me to improve cricket every day and that`s what keeps motivating me everyday to play this game," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now