IPL GC ask Sahara to get consent of all franchises
Mumbai: The IPL governing council on Wednesday asked Sahara Pune Warriors to get the consent of all the franchises for fielding five foreign players in the fifth edition of the tournament.
Indian Premier League Governing Council chairman Rajiv Shukla said all the issues discussed with Sahara, have been ratified by the GC.
"On the five foreign players issue, Sahara has to get the consent of all other franchises and that matter will be put before the working committee, which will take the final call.
"All the things which were decided with Sahara were ratified by the Governing Council," Shukla said after the Governing Council meeting here today.
Sahara Group, the Indian cricket team`s longtime sponsor, had ended its financial ties with the BCCI and also pulled out of the IPL by withdrawing from Pune Warriors` ownership just hours before the players` auction earlier this month.
In a bid to break the stalemate, BCCI and the aggrieved Sahara Group reached a compromise after a series of hectic negotiations.
Shukla added that IPL`s operational issues were also discussed in the meeting.
The dates for IPL 6 has been finalised and the tournament will be held next year from April 3 to May 26.
Asked about the 10th team for the next edition, Shukla said, "Nothing has been decided yet."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog