IPL spot-fixing: Delhi Police seeks custody of arrested cricketers for five more days
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi police want the custody of S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila, Ankit Chavan and eight others arrested in IPL spot-fixing scandal for five more days.
Beleaguered Rajasthan Royals on Monday terminated the contract of the three players besides filing an FIR against the tainted trio.
The IPL last week found itself engulfed in a sensational spot-fixing scandal after Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates were arrested by the police which claimed that they received upto Rs 60 lakh from bookies for bowling one manipulated over.
More to follow…
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test