IPL spot-fixing: Meiyappan, Kundra to be questioned by SC-appointed panel
New Delhi: The three-member committee appointed by the Supreme Court to probe the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal will call Chennai Super Kings Team Principal and BCCI President N Srinivasan's son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra for questioning during its four-month investigation.
The committee headed by former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Mukul Mudgal and comprising Additional Solicitor General L Nageshwar Rao and senior advocate Nilay Dutta, also an official of Assam Cricket Association, met on Friday.
"They met officially and started their work. They discussed the entire schedule of how to carry out the probe. They have chalked out a routine for the next 120 days. All the three members will be meeting in person. They will be meeting at all the major centres across India," said a source.
"The terms of reference were also discussed and apparently the committee members are very happy with them. Since the honourable Supreme Court has directed BCCI to extend co-operation, former CSK Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra will be called for questioning by the probe panel," he added.
The committee was constituted after Cricket Association of Bihar challenged the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)-appointed probe panel findings, which cleared Meiyappan and Kundra of the charges of betting, in the apex court.
Meiyappan has, however, been chargesheeted by the Mumbai Police. "The previous probe panel had no right to question anyone," the source said.
The panel appointed by the Supreme Court will examine the scandal once again but would not give any statement till the time its investigation is done.
"The committee has decided that before the completion of 120 days, no official communication will come from them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui