IPL spot-fixing: Meiyappan, Kundra to be questioned by SC-appointed panel
New Delhi: The three-member committee appointed by the Supreme Court to probe the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal will call Chennai Super Kings Team Principal and BCCI President N Srinivasan's son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra for questioning during its four-month investigation.
The committee headed by former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Mukul Mudgal and comprising Additional Solicitor General L Nageshwar Rao and senior advocate Nilay Dutta, also an official of Assam Cricket Association, met on Friday.
"They met officially and started their work. They discussed the entire schedule of how to carry out the probe. They have chalked out a routine for the next 120 days. All the three members will be meeting in person. They will be meeting at all the major centres across India," said a source.
"The terms of reference were also discussed and apparently the committee members are very happy with them. Since the honourable Supreme Court has directed BCCI to extend co-operation, former CSK Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra will be called for questioning by the probe panel," he added.
The committee was constituted after Cricket Association of Bihar challenged the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)-appointed probe panel findings, which cleared Meiyappan and Kundra of the charges of betting, in the apex court.
Meiyappan has, however, been chargesheeted by the Mumbai Police. "The previous probe panel had no right to question anyone," the source said.
The panel appointed by the Supreme Court will examine the scandal once again but would not give any statement till the time its investigation is done.
"The committee has decided that before the completion of 120 days, no official communication will come from them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo