IPL spot-fixing: Police to submit CFSL report on D-company link
New Delhi: Delhi police on Monday opposed the bail plea of a bookie in IPL spot-fixing scandal, telling a court here that a CFSL report on call intercepts will be filed to prove that the accused were directly or indirectly acting at the behest of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Senior Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan informed Additional Sessions Judge Renu Bhatnagar that in a day or two, Delhi Police Special Cell will file the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) report related to calls made by cricketers and bookies with alleged links to underworld.
Mohan alleged that bookie Jitender Kumar Jain was the chief financer for Ahmedabad, a Gujarat-based syndicate involved in spot and session fixing in the IPL. He told the court that once the CFSL report is submitted, it can decide the bail pleas pending before it.
He said, "the report can establish the voice of all the 29 arrested accused, out of which 21 are on bail, who were found talking with Dawood and Chhota Shakeel."
They were also speaking to Dawood`s associate Javed Chutani and one Salman, now in Pakistan.
The counsel for Jitender, however, opposed the police`s argument saying "we are not claiming bail on the grounds of voice sample".
The counsel also said that the police might have tampered with the voice as they have already played audio recording of the call intercepts and the same were not kept in court custody instead they took the CD back with them.
"Did the police sought court permission to play the audio recording? If they have produced the call intercepts as evidence before the court, then it should have been exhibited by the court but it was not done...," the counsel said.
The judge, however, allowed police to file CFSL report on July 25, and asked the defence counsel and the prosecution to conclude their arguments in relation to Jitender on that day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof