IPL spot-fixing: Police to submit CFSL report on D-company link
New Delhi: Delhi police on Monday opposed the bail plea of a bookie in IPL spot-fixing scandal, telling a court here that a CFSL report on call intercepts will be filed to prove that the accused were directly or indirectly acting at the behest of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Senior Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan informed Additional Sessions Judge Renu Bhatnagar that in a day or two, Delhi Police Special Cell will file the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) report related to calls made by cricketers and bookies with alleged links to underworld.
Mohan alleged that bookie Jitender Kumar Jain was the chief financer for Ahmedabad, a Gujarat-based syndicate involved in spot and session fixing in the IPL. He told the court that once the CFSL report is submitted, it can decide the bail pleas pending before it.
He said, "the report can establish the voice of all the 29 arrested accused, out of which 21 are on bail, who were found talking with Dawood and Chhota Shakeel."
They were also speaking to Dawood`s associate Javed Chutani and one Salman, now in Pakistan.
The counsel for Jitender, however, opposed the police`s argument saying "we are not claiming bail on the grounds of voice sample".
The counsel also said that the police might have tampered with the voice as they have already played audio recording of the call intercepts and the same were not kept in court custody instead they took the CD back with them.
"Did the police sought court permission to play the audio recording? If they have produced the call intercepts as evidence before the court, then it should have been exhibited by the court but it was not done...," the counsel said.
The judge, however, allowed police to file CFSL report on July 25, and asked the defence counsel and the prosecution to conclude their arguments in relation to Jitender on that day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!