IPL spot-fixing: Rajasthan Royals to suspend co-owner Raj Kundra?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals issued a statement on Friday saying that if proven guilty of betting, co-owner Raj Kundra will be suspended, as per reports.
The statement said that Kundra will be suspended and his shares will be forfeited if he is proven guilty. The statement was given after the Delhi Police claimed that the Kundra had confessed to betting.
Notably, Raj Kundra is a minority shareholder in Rajasthan Royals with a 11.7% stake.
Earlier in the day, Raj Kundra appointed eminent lawyer Majeed Memon as his counsel in connection with the IPL spot-fixing case.
Kundra wrote on his Twitter account, “I have now appointed Mr Majeed Memon as my council my official statements coming soon through Memon sir. Truth will prevail! (sic)”
Meanwhile, in support of her husband, Shilpa Shetty on Thursday wrote on the micro-blogging site: “Really upset with the media fr casting aspersions without any proof, making derogatory statements..Uncalled for and not to be tolerated(sic).”
She also tweeted: “Just to reiterate, will do it all it takes to reach to the bottom of this “spot-fixing case” and be of complete help till that happens!(sic).”
The reactions came after media reports claimed that the Delhi Police have seized Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra`s passport and asked him not to leave the country till the spot-fixing probe is over.
It was also reported that Kundra might be arrested as Delhi Police have not ruled out the possibility of his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble