New Delhi: In a crunch Indian Premier League (IPL) match-up, table-toppers Sunrisers Hyderabad suffered a last-ball defeat to Delhi Daredevils at Raipur.
Here are the possible scenarios for each of the six teams, with a chance to make the lucrative play-offs.
1. Sunrisers Hyderabad (Points 16; NRR +0.400): A win and they are through. Even after losing losing to Delhi today, Hyderabad still sit atop the IPL table. Win over Kolkata Knight Riders on Sunday will confirm their play-off spot.
If Gujarat Lions beat Mumbai Indians on May 21, SRH will be through irrespective of the outcome of their last game.
But, Hyderabad can still be eliminated if they their last game badly and five teams finish on 16 points each, on net run rate.
2. Gujarat Lions (Points 16; NRR -0.479): The new team need to beat Mumbai Indians to make the play-offs in the first attempt. In fact, two more points will assure the Suresh Raina-led side a top-two finish.
Yes, losing to Mumbai will put the Lions in an unwanted situation, wherein, they will need to fight off a five-team tussle on net run-rate. They are negative on this front.
One result which can help them though is, if Hyderabad beat Kolkata, then they are through.
3. Royal Challengers Bangalore (Points 14; NRR +0.926): A win against Delhi Daredevils should be enough for the Virat Kohli-led outfit, as they will have 16 points with better net run rate.
But if they finish with 14 points, it becomes very complicated. They will depend on other matches, involving Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai — three teams still with a possibility of finishing on 16 points.
4. Kolkata Knight Riders (Points 14; NRR +0.022): Regarded as the most consistent of teams in IPL, KKR suffered a huge defeat at the hands of Gujarat Lions yesterday. That result somehow put a dent in KKR's chances of making it to the play-offs.
But a win over Hyderabad should do, thanks to their superior net run-rate. And like RCB's case, a defeat to Hyderabad will make their cause a poor one. In such a situation, what they do is hope for Mumbai Indians and, one amongst Daredevils and Royal Challengers drop points.
5. Mumbai Indians (Points 14; NRR -0.082): The defending champions need a big win against Gujarat Lions to make the last four. A simple win is not likely to help their cause, as they have a negative net run rate.
6. Delhi Daredevils (Points 12; NRR -0.125): TAfter today's win, Delhi's chances of last-four finish brightens. But they still need win the last game, and with very good net run-rate, as the likelihood of more than four teams finishing on 16 points is a distinct possibility.
From Zee News
Rising Pune Supergiant Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
April 29  16:00 IST
Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Gujarat Lions Vs Mumbai Indians
April 29  20:00 IST
Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Kings XI Punjab Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
April 28  20:00 IST
Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 26 runs
Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Delhi Daredevils
April 28  16:00 IST
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 7 wickets with 22 balls remaining
IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
WATCH: MS Dhoni's longest six in IPL 2017 lands on roof of Chinnaswamy Stadium during RCB vs RPS match
Superman Sanju Samson's flying boundary-rope fielding sets internet on fire – Watch Video
IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma takes a flying, one-handed catch to dismiss AB de Villiers — WATCH
Unthinkable stumping: MS Dhoni sends back dangerous AB de Villiers in style — WATCH
IPL 2017: Beautiful Disha Patani rocks in Indore opening ceremony – PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Two hat-tricks in a single day! Samuel Badree, Andrew Tye light up IPL 10 – Watch Video
IPL 2017: It was a chaseable total, but we were sloppy with ball and fielding says Glenn Maxwell
IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians is not losing sleep over Lasith Malinga's poor form, says Parthiv Patel
IPL 2017: We need to keep going with positive mindset despite facing more failures than success, believes Sanju Samson
IPL 2017, Match 33: Sunrisers Hyderabad top order sets up convincing 26-run win over Kings XI Punjab
IPL 2017: KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir donates his Man of the Match prize money to families of Sukma naxal attack martyrs
IPL 2017: Manan Vohra conjures up season's greatest fielding effort to deny Kane Williamson a sure six — MUST WATCH
IPL 2017: This Gautam Gambhir forehand shot with cricket bat will put to shame tennis legends — WATCH