It was fantastic to bowl to likes of Tendulkar: Boyce
Canberra: It was just a practice match for the Indians but for young leg-spinner Cameron Boyce, who is just starting his career, it was an experience he wouldn`t forget in a hurry as he got to strut his stuff against players he has grown up admiring.
The 22-year-old took 2 for 74 on the second and final day of the practice match between the Indians and Cricket Australia Chairman`s XI.
In awe of the experienced line up that comprised big names such as Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, Boyce said he loved the experience of bowling to them.
"Tendulkar has been so good for so long. To bowl to someone like him, and to Laxman and Dravid as well, was a fantastic experience for me and my team as a whole. We all enjoy seeing these blokes," said Boyce, who has just started playing first class cricket with Queensland.
"The way they use their hands in general. They play a lot later. I don`t think I have been played in the backward point area as many times during my entire career as I was today. The footwork the little things they do," he added.
Having said so, Boyce feels the Australian players would offer a good fight to the Indians.
"India has a lot of depth in their batting and bowling. I feel Australia also has a young attack and the series against New Zealand would have put them in good stead. We should be alright," he said.
Boyce feels Tendulkar should be able to get his 100th century some time during this summer.
"I don`t think he has any pressure. The crowds will also come to cheer him for his 100th century. He is too good a player to miss out on it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price