Jagmohan Dalmiya still clueless
Kolkata: Amid intense speculation that BCCI President-in-exile N Srinivasan has returned to the top post, interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya on Wednesday said he was still clueless about what happening in the Board.
"I`m totally in dark about what`s happening at the Board. I`ve not been communicated anything. I`m just hearing all these in news reports," he said.
"Perhaps I`ll find out after going there (on August 2) for the Working Committee Meeting in New Delhi," Dalmiya, who was made the interim chief after Srinivasan stepped aside following the IPL spot-fixing probe, said.
Dalmiya refused to comment on whether it was some sort of an "insult" to him.
The 73-year-old, meanwhile, was re-elected CAB president unopposed as he retained his team at the state cricket body`s 82nd Annual General Meeting today.
The AGM, which used to be the talking point of Indian cricket in the past, was a dull affair getting over in about half an hour.
The only attraction in the AGM was former India captain Sourav Ganguly`s participation representing his family club Barisha Sporting.
Ganguly, meanwhile, completed his term in the Working Committee as 11 new members were inducted into the 28-member committee that includes four district sports associations.
CAB Office Bearers:
President: Jagmohan Dalmiya.
Vice-Presidents: Alok Nandy, Sambhu Nath Poddar, Malay Basu, Subhas Kundu.
Joint Secretaries: Sujan Mukherjee, Subir Ganguly.
Treasurer: Biswarup Dey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you