Jesse Ryder making `significant progress` following gym stint
Sydney: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder has reportedly made a significant return to fitness and recovery after a gym stint, following an alleged grievous assault on him that had left him in a coma.
Ryder said on Twitter that he had completed a gym workout in Wellington, although he admitted that he was paying the price for it physically.
Ryder had tweeted, “Back at gym 2day finally pity I almost died. #GottaWork.”
Ryder was admitted to Christchurch hospital over a month back after sustaining serious head injuries in a late-night assault by unidentified men in a bar, and the New Zealand batsman has now been put under intensive care, according to the local police.
According to emerging reports from local media Ryder was attacked twice in quick succession, suffering serious head injuries in the second part of what a witness called a `Jesse hate fight`.
Two men have been charged over the incident, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up