Jesse Ryder making `significant progress` following gym stint
Sydney: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder has reportedly made a significant return to fitness and recovery after a gym stint, following an alleged grievous assault on him that had left him in a coma.
Ryder said on Twitter that he had completed a gym workout in Wellington, although he admitted that he was paying the price for it physically.
Ryder had tweeted, “Back at gym 2day finally pity I almost died. #GottaWork.”
Ryder was admitted to Christchurch hospital over a month back after sustaining serious head injuries in a late-night assault by unidentified men in a bar, and the New Zealand batsman has now been put under intensive care, according to the local police.
According to emerging reports from local media Ryder was attacked twice in quick succession, suffering serious head injuries in the second part of what a witness called a `Jesse hate fight`.
Two men have been charged over the incident, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB