Kapil Dev felicitates winners of Paul George Memorial tourney
New Delhi: Former India captain Kapil Dev presented the awards to the winners of the Paul George Memorial Tournament, an under-16 T20 competition, held here.
The 14-day long cricket series was organised for marginalised students from government-aided schools in Delhi by leading finance company Muthoot Group.
Navyug School, Sarojini Nagar put on a feisty performance to beat DAV School, Pusa Road by 46 runs in the final played yesterday.
The winning team was awarded with the winner`s trophy and cash prize of Rs 50,000 while the runners-up got a trophy and reward of Rs 25,000.
Speaking on the occasion Alexander George Muthoot, Director, Muthoot Group said: "I am extremely proud that PGMT - the flagship CSR initiative of our group`s `Muthoot Haathi Mera Saathi` programme, has been gaining strength year on year in nurturing young sporting talent, particularly benefiting marginalised children. I heartily congratulate the winning team and its coach for their impressive show of talent in this fiercely competitive tournament."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?