Kapil Dev felicitates winners of Paul George Memorial tourney
New Delhi: Former India captain Kapil Dev presented the awards to the winners of the Paul George Memorial Tournament, an under-16 T20 competition, held here.
The 14-day long cricket series was organised for marginalised students from government-aided schools in Delhi by leading finance company Muthoot Group.
Navyug School, Sarojini Nagar put on a feisty performance to beat DAV School, Pusa Road by 46 runs in the final played yesterday.
The winning team was awarded with the winner`s trophy and cash prize of Rs 50,000 while the runners-up got a trophy and reward of Rs 25,000.
Speaking on the occasion Alexander George Muthoot, Director, Muthoot Group said: "I am extremely proud that PGMT - the flagship CSR initiative of our group`s `Muthoot Haathi Mera Saathi` programme, has been gaining strength year on year in nurturing young sporting talent, particularly benefiting marginalised children. I heartily congratulate the winning team and its coach for their impressive show of talent in this fiercely competitive tournament."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir