Kapil Dev felicitates winners of Paul George Memorial tourney
New Delhi: Former India captain Kapil Dev presented the awards to the winners of the Paul George Memorial Tournament, an under-16 T20 competition, held here.
The 14-day long cricket series was organised for marginalised students from government-aided schools in Delhi by leading finance company Muthoot Group.
Navyug School, Sarojini Nagar put on a feisty performance to beat DAV School, Pusa Road by 46 runs in the final played yesterday.
The winning team was awarded with the winner`s trophy and cash prize of Rs 50,000 while the runners-up got a trophy and reward of Rs 25,000.
Speaking on the occasion Alexander George Muthoot, Director, Muthoot Group said: "I am extremely proud that PGMT - the flagship CSR initiative of our group`s `Muthoot Haathi Mera Saathi` programme, has been gaining strength year on year in nurturing young sporting talent, particularly benefiting marginalised children. I heartily congratulate the winning team and its coach for their impressive show of talent in this fiercely competitive tournament."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'