Kapil Dev likely to set up sports academy in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Veteran cricketer Kapil Dev has shown interest in setting up a sports academy in Gujarat, officials said here today.
The former Indian captain met Chief Minister Narendra Modi, and shared his views on setting up a sports academy in Gujarat, they said.
"Nice meeting with noted cricketer Shri Kapil Dev. Exchanged idea on development of sports," Modi tweeted.
During the meeting, Dev lauded the Khel Mahakumbh initiative of the Gujarat government that seeks to promote a culture of sports and sportman spirit, the post on Modi`s blog said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal