Kapil Dev urges Dhoni to consider quitting IPL
Abu Dhabi: Legendary Indian all rounder Kapil Dev has urged Mahendra Singh Dhoni to contemplate not playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) to focus on the other formats of the game.
Dev said it is not possible for any player to keep playing regularly for 300 days an year with the same consistency, the Gulfnews.com reports.
When asked whether he could suggest a replacement captain, Dev replied he doesn’t have the authority to propose a new captain but believes someone has to be appointed based on his leadership capabilities.
Dev is one of the commentators for Cricket Radio for the India-Pakistan one-day series along with Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Akram and Rameez Raja.
Dev further added that all the excitement of an India-Pakistan series is due to the passion of cricket fans from both the countries, and believes it would be nice if contests are held regularly between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read