Kapil Dev urges Dhoni to consider quitting IPL
Abu Dhabi: Legendary Indian all rounder Kapil Dev has urged Mahendra Singh Dhoni to contemplate not playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) to focus on the other formats of the game.
Dev said it is not possible for any player to keep playing regularly for 300 days an year with the same consistency, the Gulfnews.com reports.
When asked whether he could suggest a replacement captain, Dev replied he doesn’t have the authority to propose a new captain but believes someone has to be appointed based on his leadership capabilities.
Dev is one of the commentators for Cricket Radio for the India-Pakistan one-day series along with Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Akram and Rameez Raja.
Dev further added that all the excitement of an India-Pakistan series is due to the passion of cricket fans from both the countries, and believes it would be nice if contests are held regularly between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?