Kerala earn 3 points against Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Kerala walked away with three points owing to their first innings lead in a Group C Ranji Trophy match against Hyderabad that ended in a draw on the fourth and final day, here.
Chasing a victory target of 367 runs, Kerala were 146 for two in their second innings at the close of play with VA Jagadeesh (57 not out) and Rohan Prem (32 not out) in the middle.
Resuming at 329 for five, Hyderabad were bowled out for 429 in their second innings with Amol Shinde (91) missing out on a century by just nine runs while Ashish Reddy (50) hitting an attacking half-century.
For Kerala, Nizar Niyas picked up three wickets for 97 runs, while CP Shahid, V Manoharan and P Prasanth accounted for two wickets each.
Hyderabad: 201 and 429 all out in 131.2 overs (Hanuma Vihari 145, Amol Shinde 91, Ashsih Reddy 50; Nizar Niyas 3/97).
Kerala: 264 and 146 for 2 in 47 overs (N Surendran 57, VA Jagadeesh 57 not out; Ravi Kiran 2/29).
Points: Kerala 3, Hyderabad 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"