Kieron Pollard back in West Indies ODI squad
St. John`s: Hard-hitting right-hander Kieron Pollard is set to play his first One-Day International in more than a year after being named in a West Indies 13-man squad to face Bangladesh in the three-match Dhaka Bank Cup series later this month.
The Trinidadian, was sidelined by injury for most of last year and only returned to action during the domestic first class season earlier this year before earning a recall to West Indies duty for the recent Twenty20 series against New Zealand.
Pollard is expected to boost the West Indies fragile middle order especially with the out-of-form Marlon Samuels still out of favour.
He will be joined by fast bowler Kemar Roach who has not played ODI cricket since July last year, also because of injury. However, the Barbadian recently made a successful comeback to international cricket with 15 wickets in the three-Test series against New Zealand back in June.
Roach`s new ball partner Jerome Taylor will also make his comeback to one-day colours, after four years out of action due to injury and loss of form.
Like Roach, Taylor made a successful return to international cricket in the recent Test series against New Zealand, taking 11 wickets.
The side will be led by Dwayne Bravo and includes the likes of talismanic opener Chris Gayle, T20 captain Darren Sammy and Test skipper and wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin.
The first two ODIs are carded for Grenada`s National Stadium on August 20 and 22, with the final game set for Warner Park in St Kitts on August 25.
Dwayne Bravo (captain), Darren Bravo, Kirk Edwards, Christopher Gayle, Jason Holder, Nikita Miller, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Darren Sammy, Lendl Simmons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion