Kirmani says let Tendulkar decide on his future
Bangalore: Amid speculation over Sachin Tendulkar`s future, former India wicket-keeper Syed Kirmani on Wenesday said that the senior batsman should be allowed to decide when to quit the game.
"I don`t know where all these reports crop up from. For God`s sake, let Sachin Tendulkar decide on his retirement. Let him play the game as long as he enjoys it," Kirmani said while reacting to reports claiming that Tendulkar has been told to consider his career plans after his 200th Test.
The 40-year-old champion batsman was reportedly told by chief selector Sandeep Patil that after the 200th Test, which would be completed during the two-match series against the West Indies in November, his place in the team would depend on the runs that he scores.
However, Patil himself refuted it, saying that he had not met Tendulkar for 10 months, while the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) was also quick to deny such a development.
Responding to former England opener Geoffrey Boycott`s comments that Tendulkar`s 200th Test was the cause for India-South Africa spat, Kirmani said, "Everybody has a right to put forward their view points, but we would like to see him accomplish that feat in our country because it will be an honour and inspiration for youngsters."
On the decision of BCCI to pencil in West Indies` tour of India to accommodate Tendulkar`s 200th Test in India, Kirmani said it was nothing to do with players and teams as it was in the domain of cricket Boards.
"It is nothing to do with Tendulkar`s 200th Test match and his retirement. Each playing nation likes to accommodate each other and there is no prejudiced feelings between the International Cricket Council and BCCI. They decide on fixtures," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'