Kiwi media says greedy Indian match-fixers are true enemies of cricket
Wellington: The Kiwi media has said that a greedy India with regard to the menace of match-fixing is the real enemy of the sport of cricket and slumdog billionaires are ruining the show.
According to Stuff.co.nz, India is intent on a global take over of cricket and a few days ago, although it has hardly been reported, Narayanaswami Srinivasan, the president of Indian cricket, told the International Cricket Council that it wanted a bigger share of its profits.
India argues that it generates 75 per cent of the ICC`s profits and therefore the current arrangement, whereby 75 per cent of the total profits, is split equally between the full members (including New Zealand) is unfair, the report said.
N Srinivasan should be nowhere near the BCCI, let alone be influencing the ICC, which many people think just stands for Indian Cricket Council, in any case, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick