Kulasekara ruled out of ODI series against India
Hambantota: Sri Lankan paceman Nuwan Kulasekara has been ruled out of the ongoing five-match ODI series against India after injuring his groin while attempting a catch during the series-opener.
Sri Lankan skipper Mahela Jayawardene said they do not know the extent of his injury.
"Nuwan is out of the series. He has got a groin injury. We cannot get a scan here. Once we get back to Colombo, we will get a scan done and see the extent of the injury and how long he will have to be out," Jayawardene said.
Kulasekara suffered the injury when he went for a catch, offered by Virender Sehwag, in the 11th over.
Kulasekara, who was fielding at mid-off, dived to pouch the mistimed shot by the Indian, but his effort did not help his side as TV replays could not suggest if the catch was taken cleanly.
Sehwag, who went on to make 96, was on 24 at that time.
Kulasekara did not bowl after the incident. He bowled five overs and took the wicket of Gautam Gambhir.
Jayawardene said the replacement will be discussed soon.
"We will talk to the selectors. The A team guys probably would have arrived today in Sri Lanka. There was a selector on that tour, so we will get some advice from him, who was in good form and try and come up with a replacement," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing