Kumble questions BCCI`s age-verification process at WC meeting
New Delhi: Former India captain and Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) president Anil Kumble on Tuesday raised questions about the Indian Cricket Board`s age-verification process for various junior level tournaments.
However it was reliably learnt that BCCI president N Srinivasan was not on the same page with India`s highest wicket-taker in international cricket.
Kumble raised his objections at the board`s Working Committee meeting on Tuesday about the BCCI`s prescribed `bone density` tests for determining the age of the U-16, U-19 cricketers as there have been cases of age-fudging in the past.
"Anil raised the issue at the working committee meeting. His contention was that the bone density test which is carried out is not foolproof. There are a lot of discrepancies and he asked the president to think about an alternative. However, the president informed that the existing system was good enough and doesn`t need any change," a senior BCCI official said.
"I don`t want to comment on this issue," was Kumble`s terse reply when contacted for a reaction.
Early last year, the Mumbai U-16 team had 11 out of its 16 players reported for over-age after Tanner-Whitehouse3(TW3) test, which determines skeletal maturity, was conducted.
While the TW3 test was recommended by Dr Vece Paes during his association with the Asian Cricket Council (ACC), it has recently been done away with as the BCCI reverted back to its old method of bone density test.
Kumble has been one of the vocal members of the BCCI as he has been raising various issues during the Working Committee meetings. During an earlier working committee meeting, Kumble had asked whether Duncan Fletcher has been asked by the BCCI to explain India`s 0-8 debacle against England and Australia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know