Kundra`s betting admission is shocking: Jagdale
New Delhi: Former BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale today expressed shock over Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra`s admission to betting in IPL matches, saying it furthers shakes faith of the fans in the sport.
The Delhi police, that questioned Kundra, claimed that Kundra has admitted to betting and even lost a lot of money in doing so.
"It (Betting) is morally wrong since you`re owning a team. Such things are not good for cricket and not good for IPL. It`s another instance of damaging the faith, Indian cricket lovers have in the sport. Really shocking," said Jagdale, who resigned recently from his BCCI position.
Asked if Royals should be suspended if charges of betting against Kundra is proved, Jagdale said the decision lies with the IPL authorities.
"I can`t comment on the legalities. It`s is upto the Governing Council and Executive Committee (to decide on the fate of RR)," he told `Times Now`.
Jagdale said it`s high time BCCI takes lessons from these controversies and go about cleansing the system quickly.
"These are the lessons the BCCI will have to learn. The sooner they do it the better it will be. They need to sit together and give top priority to cleaning the system and all that has happened recently. Top priorities should be given to it. And not to any individual who is holding any post. There are people who are capable of taking decisions in the BCCI. And such decisions will be taken soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’