Lanka tour: Proteas lack spin options, says Daryll Cullinan
Cape Town: The Proteas lack a good enough spin arsenal for their Sri Lankan tour, feels former batsman Daryll Cullinan.
Sport 24 quoted Cullinan, as saying that the Proteas may struggle in the spin-friendly Sri Lankan conditions.
The Proteas will play three One-Day Internationals (ODI) and two Tests, with the first ODI starting in Colombo on Sunday.
Imran Tahir and Dane Piedt have been included as frontline spinners in the Test squad, while J P Duminy and Dean Elgar are also options.
In the one-day squad, Tahir, Duminy and Aaron Phangiso are the main spin options.
Proteas Test squad: Kyle Abbott, Hashim Amla (captain), Quinton de Kock, AB de Villiers, J P Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Dean Elgar, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Vernon Philander, Dane Piedt, Dale Steyn and Stiaan van Zyl.
Proteas ODI squad: AB de Villiers (captain), Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock, J P Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Beuran Hendricks, Imran Tahir, Jacques Kallis, Ryan McLaren, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Aaron Phangiso, Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh