Lost all confidence in SLC: Mahela
Colombo: Captain Mahela Jayawardene has said that he has lost all confidence in Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) after his confidential letter regarding payment of guarantee fee to the team support staff from the ICC World T20 held here, was leaked to the media.
"As the captain of the national team I am disturbed and deeply disappointed that a confidential document handed over to SLC has been published in the Daily Mirror on December 19 causing much embarrassment to players and other staff members" Jayawardene said in a letter published today in the `Daily Mirror`.
The newspaper, on Wednesday, claimed that the Lanka cricket board had rejected a request from Jayawardene to allow sharing of the guarantee money derived from the recent T20 World Cup with the team management and support staff.
"The decision to share the fees with the management, baggage boys, ground staff and curators were mainly in appreciation of their efforts and services," the Sri Lankan skipper`s letter said.
"The guarantee fee is a payment made by ICC to Sri Lanka Cricket. 25 per cent of that is paid to the players and it is players` prerogative how they wish to share the fees paid to them," the letter further said.
Jayawardene, who is currently on a tour to Australia, was upset by the paper`s publishing the document where he proposed sharing of guarantee fees.
"As a result of what has transpired I have lost all confidence in dealing with SLC in the future", the letter added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand