Lost all confidence in SLC: Mahela
Colombo: Captain Mahela Jayawardene has said that he has lost all confidence in Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) after his confidential letter regarding payment of guarantee fee to the team support staff from the ICC World T20 held here, was leaked to the media.
"As the captain of the national team I am disturbed and deeply disappointed that a confidential document handed over to SLC has been published in the Daily Mirror on December 19 causing much embarrassment to players and other staff members" Jayawardene said in a letter published today in the `Daily Mirror`.
The newspaper, on Wednesday, claimed that the Lanka cricket board had rejected a request from Jayawardene to allow sharing of the guarantee money derived from the recent T20 World Cup with the team management and support staff.
"The decision to share the fees with the management, baggage boys, ground staff and curators were mainly in appreciation of their efforts and services," the Sri Lankan skipper`s letter said.
"The guarantee fee is a payment made by ICC to Sri Lanka Cricket. 25 per cent of that is paid to the players and it is players` prerogative how they wish to share the fees paid to them," the letter further said.
Jayawardene, who is currently on a tour to Australia, was upset by the paper`s publishing the document where he proposed sharing of guarantee fees.
"As a result of what has transpired I have lost all confidence in dealing with SLC in the future", the letter added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria