Maharashtra in strong position against HP
Pune: Half centuries from Harshad Khadiwale (92) and Ankit Bawne (76 batting) helped Maharashtra reach 319 for four to secure a first-innings lead of 91 against Himachal Pradesh on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Monday.
Having bowled Himachal out for 228 yesterday, Maharashtra began the second day on a positive note with a 91-run opening stand between Khadiwale and captain Rohit Motwani.
Rishi Dhawan dismissed Motwani in the 27th over to extend his tally in this season`s Ranji Trophy to 49, but Maharashtra carried on with a partnership of 70 between Khadiwale and Sangram Dilp Atitkar, who made 49.
Himachal fought back with two quick wickets, but Bawne put up stands of 68 and an unbroken 82 with Khadiwale and Chirag Khurana respectively, to lift the home side to 319 for 4 at the draw of stumps.
Khadiwale struck 11 fours during his 92, while Bawne`s 76 not out included eight fours. Chirag Khurana was giving company to Bawne on 37 at close of second day`s play.
Himachal Pradesh: 228
Maharashtra: 319 for 4 in 97 overs (Harshad Khadiwale 92, Ankit Bawne batting 76; Rishi Dhawan 2/105).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan