Mahela Jayawardene to miss Sri Lanka`s tour of Pakistan
Colombo: Mahela Jayawardene will miss Sri Lanka`s tour of Pakistan in Dubai next month as the senior batsman has requested for leave on personal grounds, Sri Lanka Cricket said on Monday.
Pakistan is set to host Sri Lanka for two T20s, five ODIs and three Tests between December 6 and January 21.
Dinesh Chandimal will lead the T20 squad, while Angelo Mathews is the captain of the ODI side.
Left-handed opener Dimuth Karunaratne will replace Jayawardene in the ODI squad, while all-rounder Ashan Priyanjana has also been included in the team.
Rangana Herath replaces Ajantha Mendis as the front line spinner.
T20 Squad: Dinesh Chandimal (Captain), Lasith Malinga, TM Dilshan, Kusal Janith Perera, Kumar Sangakkara, Angelo Mathews, Lahiru Thirimanna, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekera, Seekkuge Prasanna, Suranga Lakmal, Sachithra Senanayake, Ajantha Mendis and Ramith Rambukwella.
ODI squad: Lasith Malinga, TM Dilshan, Kusal Janith Perera, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kumar Sangakkara, Angelo Mathews (Captain), Lahiru Thirimanna, Dinesh Chandimal Kithuruwan Vithanage, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekera, Seekkuge Prasanna, Suranga Lakmal, Sachithra Senanayake, Rangana Herath and Ashan Priyanjana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video