Marsh backs Arthur to replace Nielsen as Australian cricket coach
Sydney: Australian opening batsman Shaun Marsh reckons that former South Africa coach Mickey Arthur would be the right man to replace Tim Nielsen as the new Australian cricket coach.
Australia is on the lookout for a new coach after Nielsen stepped down following the 1-0 Test series win over Sri Lanka.
Marsh said that Arthur, who is in his second year of a three-year contract with Western Australia, would excel in the position if he decided to apply for the job.
“He’s a fantastic coach. I’ve loved working with him at WA. He’s certainly helped my game out a lot and I’m sure if he put his hat in the ring, I’m sure he’d do a great job,” Fox Sports quoted Marsh, as saying.
“He’s got a very good cricket brain. You can sit down and talk to him about cricket all day. He communicates to his players very well. He’s just an all-round nice guy. He was a great international coach for South Africa. I couldn’t speak more highly of the guy,” he added.
Other candidates likely to be interviewed for the job are former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former New Zealand coach Steve Rixon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire