Marsh backs Arthur to replace Nielsen as Australian cricket coach
Sydney: Australian opening batsman Shaun Marsh reckons that former South Africa coach Mickey Arthur would be the right man to replace Tim Nielsen as the new Australian cricket coach.
Australia is on the lookout for a new coach after Nielsen stepped down following the 1-0 Test series win over Sri Lanka.
Marsh said that Arthur, who is in his second year of a three-year contract with Western Australia, would excel in the position if he decided to apply for the job.
“He’s a fantastic coach. I’ve loved working with him at WA. He’s certainly helped my game out a lot and I’m sure if he put his hat in the ring, I’m sure he’d do a great job,” Fox Sports quoted Marsh, as saying.
“He’s got a very good cricket brain. You can sit down and talk to him about cricket all day. He communicates to his players very well. He’s just an all-round nice guy. He was a great international coach for South Africa. I couldn’t speak more highly of the guy,” he added.
Other candidates likely to be interviewed for the job are former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former New Zealand coach Steve Rixon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Law & Order' actor Steven Hill dies at 94
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad