Marsh backs Arthur to replace Nielsen as Australian cricket coach
Sydney: Australian opening batsman Shaun Marsh reckons that former South Africa coach Mickey Arthur would be the right man to replace Tim Nielsen as the new Australian cricket coach.
Australia is on the lookout for a new coach after Nielsen stepped down following the 1-0 Test series win over Sri Lanka.
Marsh said that Arthur, who is in his second year of a three-year contract with Western Australia, would excel in the position if he decided to apply for the job.
“He’s a fantastic coach. I’ve loved working with him at WA. He’s certainly helped my game out a lot and I’m sure if he put his hat in the ring, I’m sure he’d do a great job,” Fox Sports quoted Marsh, as saying.
“He’s got a very good cricket brain. You can sit down and talk to him about cricket all day. He communicates to his players very well. He’s just an all-round nice guy. He was a great international coach for South Africa. I couldn’t speak more highly of the guy,” he added.
Other candidates likely to be interviewed for the job are former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former New Zealand coach Steve Rixon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city