Mathews waiting for Sri Lankan selectors’ nod to replace Jayawardene as ‘captain’
Sydney: Sri Lankan all-rounder Angelo Mathews has claimed is ready to become the captain of the national team, and added he just needs the nod from the selectors. With captain Mahela Jayawardene`s future unsure, 25-year old Mathews is a decade younger than the skipper and is already the team`s vice-captain.
“That``s totally up to the selectors - if they think that I``m ready, I`m ready,” News.com.au quoted Mathews, as saying ahead of the first Test against Australia in Hobart, starting tomorrow. “Mahela has been a great captain for years, been serving the country for more than a decade.” There`s a lot, as youngsters, we can learn from Mahela. If the selectors think that I`m ready, it is up to them,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders