MCC wants India to embrace DRS
Cape Town: The MCC World Cricket Committee is disappointed with India`s continuous rejection of the Decision Review System but hoped technological flaws will be checked soon to leave BCCI with no choice but to embrace it.
The Committee also felt that since India is a powerful country in world cricket, it was not easy to convince them for changes.
"Because of the governance and because of the power of India and because of the fact that other countries, we understand, won`t willingly or easily stand up to India, we have this situation that we don`t like, that we have the DRS in place, which improves the accuracy of decision making, except when India are playing," Chairman Mike Brearley said.
MCC head of cricket John Stephenson though appreciated that India want a fool-proof technology.
"It`s being undertaken at the moment at Cambridge University with MCC staff in the background. We`re hoping that once that research has been undertaken the report will go back to the ICC and the Board of Control for Cricket in India will start to buy into it. We`re hoping to get to the stage where India will have no choice but to get into line with everyone else," Stephenson said.
The committee was also unhappy that introduction of world Test championship has been delayed to 2017. It was expected to be launched next year.
"The committee continues to be convinced that Test cricket is the pinnacle of the sport and that it needs to be encouraged and marketed in every way possible," the committee said in a statement.
"MCC will continue to advocate and initiate trials with pink balls and day/night cricket wherever possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism
- Pakistani beauty Saba Qamar to star opposite Irrfan Khan in 'Hindi Medium': First look OUT!
- PMO counters criticism on 'rehashed' schemes under Narendra Modi government
- Watch: NASA releases 'Metabolomics: You Are What You Eat' video!