Misbah calls for domestic IPL-style T20 league
Islamabad: Pakistan Test and one-day captain Misbah-ul Haq has urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to revive plans for a domestic IPL-style Twenty20 league in order to make players sharper and ready for international competitions.
According to the Daily Times, the PCB planned to host a Pakistan Super League in March and April this year to try to lure foreign stars but had to shelve the idea indefinitely, claiming it wanted to give sponsors more time to come forward.
Stating that he is worried at his men losing the edge, Misbah said that this has happened as Pakistan is not regularly playing the world`s best teams in the shortest format, adding that Pakistan must stage the T20 league, either at home or at a neutral venue.
According to Misbah, although the PCB is doing its best to bring international cricket back to Pakistan, he believed that a Twenty20 international league is a must and should be held in Dubai if not in Pakistan.
Although Misbah, who featured in the inaugural Caribbean Premier League, is not a part of the T20 squad to play two matches in Harare during the Zimbabwe tour, he said that a Pakistan T20 league would help give young players the skills they need in international cricket.
Misbah further said that India is a good example as they holds the T20 tournament, the Indian Premier League ( IPL), and get their young players groomed by playing them against international stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon