Misbah calls for ''responsible'' show after ''shocker of loss'' against Lanka
Karachi: Stunned after a defeat to Sri Lanka in the fourth One-Day International (ODI), Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq, whose wicket was the first to fall after he had contributed a half-century, said his team needed to show more responsibility.
"We will have to stop repeating our mistakes. We needed a run-a-ball and the batsmen should have taken more responsibility. Having played so many batsmen, each of them realise their responsibilities," The Express Tribune quoted Misbah, as saying.
Misbah rued a missed opportunity of winning the fourth ODI and called on the batsmen to up their game.
Pakistan’s batting has been criticised for long, for not being consistent and spoiling the bowlers`` good show, and it reached another low after the recent defeat, states the paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand