Misbah calls for ''responsible'' show after ''shocker of loss'' against Lanka
Karachi: Stunned after a defeat to Sri Lanka in the fourth One-Day International (ODI), Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq, whose wicket was the first to fall after he had contributed a half-century, said his team needed to show more responsibility.
"We will have to stop repeating our mistakes. We needed a run-a-ball and the batsmen should have taken more responsibility. Having played so many batsmen, each of them realise their responsibilities," The Express Tribune quoted Misbah, as saying.
Misbah rued a missed opportunity of winning the fourth ODI and called on the batsmen to up their game.
Pakistan’s batting has been criticised for long, for not being consistent and spoiling the bowlers`` good show, and it reached another low after the recent defeat, states the paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'