Misbah calls for ''responsible'' show after ''shocker of loss'' against Lanka
Karachi: Stunned after a defeat to Sri Lanka in the fourth One-Day International (ODI), Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq, whose wicket was the first to fall after he had contributed a half-century, said his team needed to show more responsibility.
"We will have to stop repeating our mistakes. We needed a run-a-ball and the batsmen should have taken more responsibility. Having played so many batsmen, each of them realise their responsibilities," The Express Tribune quoted Misbah, as saying.
Misbah rued a missed opportunity of winning the fourth ODI and called on the batsmen to up their game.
Pakistan’s batting has been criticised for long, for not being consistent and spoiling the bowlers`` good show, and it reached another low after the recent defeat, states the paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh