Misbah says South Africa``s ``bouncy pitches`` toughest challenge for batsmen
Islamabad: Pakistan captain Misbahul Haq has claimed the pace-friendly wickets in South Africa provide the toughest test in the world to a batsman ahead of the final Test match in Centurion on Friday.
Misbah added the visitors are expecting another tough challenge against South Africa``s fast bowlers as they seek to salvage pride in the three-match Test series, the News reports.
The visitors go into Friday``s third and final Test at SuperSport Park two-nil down after defeats in Johannesburg and Cape Town yet were determined to come away with a favourable result. Misbah said pitches at Wanderers and Centurion have pace and bounce, adding this Centurion pitch is hard and it might have more bounce.
Misbah added all over the world wickets are getting slower, even in Australia nowadays you don``t find wickets like that.
Misbah further said it``s a matter of spending time and playing more cricket, getting used to playing on these wickets, adding it``s difficult to adjust but the more games you play here you get better and better.
Misbah said Pakistan needed to improve their consistency in both batting and bowling to stand any chance of winning the final Test match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand