Misbah-Whatmore duo told to deliver positive results: Sethi
Karachi: PCB`s acting chairman Najam Sethi on Friday said the head coach Dav Whatmore and captain Misbah-ul-Haq have been told to start delivering positive results with the national team or face the consequences.
Before the team left for the West Indies, Misbah was told that he needed to do more as captain of the Test and one-day sides.
"I told him (Misbah) clearly that his performance as captain was not good enough and he needed to improve his performance or else we would have to review things," Sethi said.
The PCB chief said he had also conveyed to Whatmore the same thing.
"Whatmore has six months left in his contract so I don`t want to say much but if the team does not show improvement in the West Indies than obviously we will have to think about the immediate future," he told Geo News channel.
While Whatmore took over as head coach in March, 2011 replacing Mohsin Khan, Misbah has remained the Pakistan captain since late 2010.
Pakistan`s recent performances in South Africa and the Champions Trophy have raised questions over the future of the Misbah-Whatmore combination.
Sethi also insisted that he had accepted the challenge of looking after cricket affairs for the sole purpose of bringing democracy into the board and expanding the talent base for Pakistan cricket.
"At my last meeting with the selectors and team management, I made it clear that there should be no personal liking or dislikings in selection matters and we need to expand our base of talent. The way I look at it we are revolving around the same set of 25 to 30 players for the last few years and that is not good enough," he said.
Sethi said he would soon be appointing a new selection committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?