Mithali Raj remains on top in ICC rankings
Dubai: Mithali Raj held on to the top spot in the batting list, while Jhulan Goswami was the best-placed Indian in the bowling chart after climbing a spot to third in the latest ICC ODI rankings for women cricketers released on Thursday.
Mithali is the only Indian in the top-10 of batting after Harpreet Kaur slipped four rungs to 11th in the list.
Among the bowlers, Gauhar Sultana is giving company to Jhulan in the top-10, rising one position to eighth.
Amita Sharma is the highest-ranked player in the all-rounders`, steady at the seventh spot.
Australia`s Meg Lanning has been rewarded for her record-breaking efforts with the bat in the Rose Bowl series against New Zealand with a jump of four places to sixth position in the rankings for batters.
The 20-year-old Lanning also achieved a career-best rating of 635 points.
Lanning was the top run-getter on either side with 300 runs at an average of 75 with a strike-rate of 143.54. In the third ODI of the series, Lanning broke two Australia records. She hit the fastest half-century off 23 balls and the fastest hundred, breaking Karen Rolton`s Australia record of scoring an ODI century off 57 balls in 2000.
Australia won the four-match series by a margin of 3-1.
Meanwhile, Australia`s Lisa Sthalekar has slipped to second position in the latest bowlers` table, ceding the top spot to England`s Katherine Brunt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America