Morkel believes Philander deserves credit for his wickets
Johannesburg: South Africa’s fast bowler Morne Morkel has said he is happy for new bowling sensation Vernon Philander, and believes he deserves each and every single one of his phenomenal 45-wicket in six Test matches.
Morkel said he was not bothered by the performances of Philander and Dale Steyn as cricket was a team game, and he believed his special game was round the corner.
“It is a team game and I don’t mind who takes the wickets as long as we are winning. I’m bowling first-change so I’m only too happy to come on when Vern or Dale have already taken a couple,” Sports24 quoted Morkel, as saying.
“It’s important not to get caught up in all that stuff about who’s taking the wickets and how many. I’m bowling well at the moment and, if I’m contributing in some way at the other end while they are taking the wickets, then I’m happy,” he said.
“The bowlers are a team within a team and we share in each other’s success. I’m loving Vern’s run at the moment but, at the same time, I also believe that my ‘special game’ is just around the corner,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?