MP Sachin would stay in a hotel than waste taxpayers’ money
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has said that he would prefer not to stay in a government accommodation given to him after he was sworn in as a Rajya Sabha MP earlier this month.
The legendary batsman was allotted 5 Tughlak Lane bungalow, a type VII accommodation normally given to cabinet-rank ministers.
"For me the honour of being nominated as a Rajya Sabha MP matters much more than the perks and privileges like being given a government bungalow," he was quoted as saying.
However, the Master in an interview to a TV news channel said he would prefer to stay in a hotel than waste taxpayers’ money by staying in a government bungalow.
He further said that since he would be in Delhi for a few days, a govt bungalow for such a short period of time won’t be necessary.
Spread over 7000 sq feet, the bungalow allotted to Tendulkar has spacious bedrooms and big lawns.
The final formalities are being conducted by the Rajya Sabha Housing Committee, which is responsible for allotments to Rajya Sabha MPs.
Since Tendulkar is entitled Z-plus security cover, his house will be guarded by a posse of security personnel. Two escort vehicles will also be provided to him when he is in the capital.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh