MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina figure in IPL spot-fixing panel report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Suresh Raina are among the six capped Indian players named in the Mudgal Panel report, media reports claimed on Tuesday.
Bookie Uttam Jain alias Kitti has named Dhoni and Raina in connection with IPL spot-fixing and betting when confronted by Trichi Railway SP Sampat Kumar, informed Mudgal.
The Committee, investigating spot-fixing and betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL), reported that a journalist, who was apparently connected with recording of tapes for a sports magazine, could identify the voice of the Indian player and he had also stated that the player was part of the team which played the world cup and a member of the team now.
“The journalist refused to disclose the names of the Indian players involved. In spite of repeated requests to put the name of the said player in a sealed cover for perusal before the Supreme Court, the journalist appeared terrified and was very reluctant to do so and pleaded that it would be dangerous for the journalist concerned,” it said.
“It thus appears that names of six prominent Indian capped players are available in tapes in connection with dealings with bookies while two of these prominent Indian capped players have also been named by none other than a former President of BCCI,” the report said.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth