Mumbai rave party: Wayne Parnell surrenders in Mumbai court
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: South African cricketer Wayne Parnell surrendered on Monday, before a special court in Mumbai, in connection with the May 2012 rave party and was subsequently released on bail.
According to a court official, Parnell surrendered before special Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) court Judge I.M. Bohri, who later freed him on a bail of Rs.10,000.
Parnell has been retained as a bowler for the Pune Warriors in the sixth season of Indian Premier League (IPL). However, a Pune Warriors spokesman said he has not joined the squad yet.
Following the bail, Parnell will need a clearance from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to join the squad.
Parnell, along with another Pune Warriors player Rahul was among the 92 people who tested positive for narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances after Mumbai police busted a rave party May 20 last year.
In the charge sheet submitted by police last month, Parnell was named amongst the "wanted accused".
Parnell has mainly been in news because of his conversion to Islam. On July 28, 2011, he announced that he had converted to Islam in January 2011 after a period of personal study.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed